Apple is expected to release a 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Max and an iPhone 14 mini next year. This would be a large-screen iPhone without the ‘Pro’ certification, but it may look startlingly similar to the iPhone 14 Pro in several ways.
What Experts Are Foreseeing about iPhone 14 Pro Max
Here are some speculations and expectations of various experts about the iPhone 14 Pro Max:
- Apple will adopt a bezel-less design for the iPhone 14 and show off a completely new look for the flagship device.
- The iPhone 14 may have a triple-lens rear camera. This will be the first for Apple to introduce such a feature on an iPhone, and it is likely to be a key selling point for the device.
- Two of the lenses will be the standard 12MP and 16MP lenses, while the third will be a 12MP telephoto lens. This is an improvement of the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Plus’s dual-lens camera. The iPhone 14 is also foreseen to have an upgraded front-facing camera.
- It will be the first iPhone to have a screen that extends to its edges. This could be a new iPhone 14 Pro feature, but it’s rumoured to also make it to a cheaper model, the so-called iPhone 14.
A benchmark for the iPhone 14 shows a 6.5-inch display with a resolution of 1125 x 2436 pixels. This would be an increased size to the iPhone 13 Plus but with a lower resolution of 2,359 x 1125 pixels. This could indicate the iPhone 14 will have the exact resolution as the iPhone 13 Plus but have an extended screen.
- The iPhone 14 is expected to be powered by a next-generation 7nm Apple processor with a new codename, ‘D43’, with a faster graphics unit than the Apple A13.
- In addition, the iPhone 14 might have a smaller battery than the iPhone 13 and 13 Plus and have a stainless steel body. The iPhone 14 could also have air gestures instead of 3D Touch.
Experts also expect that the new iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Max will have a dual-speaker design, which could again be a point of difference with the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Plus that has a single speaker.
Is It Worth It to Upgrade to the iPhone 14 Pro Max?
The iPhone 14 Pro Max was always going to be a bit of an odd device, but its existence only adds to the confusion because it’s not meant for iPhone owners after the best features Apple’s flagship handsets have to offer.
Apple will hope to make the iPhone 14 Pro Max a compelling buy. Still, early releases will probably appeal to early adopters, fans of Apple’s large smartphones and fans of Apple, who will want the latest gadget, regardless of its features.
However, the iPhone 14 has such a high price tag that Apple fans might find it a stretch to consider the top-end handset. And given that it is not expected to offer a significant step up from the iPhone 13, it will be hard to justify the iPhone 14’s price, even for early adopters.
If the iPhone 14 had a price tag of less than $1,000, then it might be worthwhile, given that you’re getting a big-screen, edge-to-edge phone that still features a dual-camera, triple rear lenses and Air gestures.
The iPhone 14 is not yet official, so we don’t know its details yet. However, if history is anything to go by, the iPhone 14 will have some excellent features that will be worth paying a premium for.
However, with Apple believed to be entirely redesigning the Pro models, even if you can get a 120Hz screen on a lesser iPhone, a 120Hz iPhone 14 Max, and even a 120Hz iPhone 14, is probably plausible.
At Mobile Shark, we offer the best mobile phone cases, chargers, cables, holders and screen protectors for iPhone, Samsung and Huawei mobile phones. Get optimum protection and accessories for your phones when you shop our collection now!